Dedicated to your privacy
This policy applies to the information provided about themselves by visitors to the Site (“Visitors”) and by health care professionals who become registered users of the MatchedFlicker® software and services (“Users”). This information arises from Visitors’ and Users’ interaction with the Site and includes, for example, names and e-mail addresses.
This policy DOES NOT APPLY to the patient health information submitted by Users during the course of using MatchedFlicker or other Services Users may access through the Site. The privacy of patient health information submitted to, and generated by, the MatchedFlicker software is subject to and covered by our HIPAA Privacy Practices.
This policy was last updated: November 4, 2011.
1. Information Collected Through The Site
We gather two types of information Visitors and Users: personally identifiable information that identifies a person as an individual ("Personal Information") and non-personally identifiable information, which includes aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal a person's specific identity ("Non-Personal Information").
- Personal Information.You do not have to provide Personal Information to visit the Site. However, for certain purposes, such as communicating with us or participating in surveys and obtaining results during the ‘MatchedFlicker Challenge,’ among other things, you may need to provide certain Personal Information. In addition, in order to become a User of MatchedFlicker you will be required to provide certain Personal Information. Providing Personal Information is strictly voluntary. You may avoid providing Personal Information by not registering to become a User of MatchedFlicker and by disconnecting from and not accessing or using the Site.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect?
- Personal Information.We may use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which such Personal Information was provided (e.g., to complete your registration as a User or other transaction).
- Administrative Communications. From time to time, we may send you service announcement updates with important information about EyeIC. Service announcements may contain information vital to your account, so Users may not unsubscribe from service announcements.
- Other Communications. We may notify you via email or through the mail about new features, products and promotions. We may also send you information on carefully screened third parties whose products or services may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from these mailings, please review the instructions in the Section 4 ("Opt-Out") below.
- Contests and Surveys. We may notify you via email or through the mail about new features, products and promotions. We may also send you information on carefully screened third parties whose products or services may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from these mailings, please review the instructions in the Section 4 ("Opt-Out") below.
- Testimonials. Testimonials are used to show benefits of certain programs EyeIC offers. EyeIC never posts any testimonial in which Personal Information is included without first obtaining consent from the identified person.
- Customer Service.Any Personal Information obtained through your contact with our Customer Service team or communications with us, such as chat or emails, may be recorded to help us provide better service.
- Internal Business Purposes.We may also use Personal Information about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth.
- Non-Personal Information.Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share Non-Personal Information, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. For example, we might tell our business partners that a certain percentage of our customers live in California, while a different percentage live in New Jersey. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined.
3. Disclosures of Personal Information
- Third Party Service Providers. EyeIC does not disclose any Personal Information to third party service providers without your permission.
- Forums. Through the Site, EyeIC may make available forums to which Users are able to post information and materials. These forums may include, for example, user comment functionality, user forums and blogs. Please note that any information you disclose through such services becomes public information, and may be available to Visitors and Users of the Site and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such forums, certain Personal Information (for example, a User's name will appear next to a blog post or a user comment) will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information, or any other information, through a public communication feature of the Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH ANY PUBLIC COMMUNICATION FEATURE OF THE SITE.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. EyeIC may disclose Personal Information in the following situations as we believe to be appropriate, even though you might have requested that we don't share your information: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to governmental requests, including requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of EyeIC, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. For example, we may, to the fullest extent the law allows, disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
You may unsubscribe to our notification services by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Unsubscribe.’
EyeIC seeks to have reasonable security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect Personal Information about you, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Site or that is stored by us. You acknowledge and agree that any information you transmit through the Site is so transmitted at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with Section 11 ("Contact Us") below (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
6. Protecting the Privacy of Children
Our Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and is not directed at such children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. Please do not register if you are under the age of 13.
7. Third Party Sites
8. Changes and Notification
9. Contact Us
Please contact us to communicate any questions or concerns.
10. Jurisdictional Issues
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Site is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.